Aquatabs 8.68g Tablets
Aquatabs® 1000 is a tablet which is added to 1,000 to 2,000litres of clear water to kill most harmful micro-organisms. Each tablet has 8.68gm.
Use 1 tablet in 5L to create a 1000ppm disinfecting solution (strong enough to kill COVID-19) .
Use 10 tablets in 50L to disenfect a borehole or spring boxes
Delivery within Kigali is available for a standard fee of RWF 1000 per order.
Delivery outside of Kigali will be quoted on an as-need basis.
We are able to supply and install within Rwanda and East DRC in Bukavu and Goma.
Aquatabs 8.68gm usage And Specs
Aquatabs® 1000 is a tablet which is added to 1,000 to 2,000litres of clear water to kill most harmful micro-organisms. The tablet dissolves clear within minutes and disinfects the water within 30 minutes.
Presentation Aquatabs® 1000 tablets is a 8.68gm tablet presented in a tub and lid format with a shelf life of 3 years.
Label Claim Aquatabs will lead to a 6 log reduction in bacteria, a 4 log reduction in viruses and a 3 log reduction in Cysts (Giardia) within 30 minutes, when used in non-turbid water.
Directions for use and dosage
Litres Emergency Household 1,000-2,00 8.68gm - 1,000 Litres 8.68 gm - 2,000 Litres
Disinfection of Wells and Tube wells
- Following construction of a well and installation of the pump, or if biological pollution has entered the well, it should be disinfected immediately to kill any micro-organisms present.
- To disinfect a well / tube well, the following procedure is recommended
- Dissolve 10 Aquatabs 8.68gm, in 50 litres of water in an open area.
- Pour half the solution into the well. Operate the pump until the water pumped out( or from all the opened taps in a household) distinctly smells of chlorine.
- Stop pumping and add the rest of the solution to the well.
- Wait one hour and pump again (with all taps open in a household) for several minutes.
- Stop pumping and leave the well for twelve hours.
- At the end of this time pump to waste until the residual available chlorine level reaches <2mg/l.
- Refill the system with potable water.
Disinfection of Spring Boxes or Silt Traps.
- Dissolve 10 Aquatabs 8.68gm in 50 litres of water in an open area.
- Thoroughly scrub the inside walls with the solution, especially between the water level and the highest point the water level may reach, using half the solution.
- Pour the remainder of the solution into the well/box/trap.
- In the case of a pump facility, also follow procedures 4.5.6.and 7. for the disinfection of wells and tubewells.
USA 8.5mg Aquatabs is approved by EPA