Aquatabs 8.68g Tablets
Aquatabs 8.68g tabs, are tablet which are added to 1,000 to 2,000 L of clear water to kill most harmful micro-organisms.
The tablet dissolves clear within minutes and disinfects the water and will lead to a 6 log reduction in bacteria, a 4 log reduction in viruses and a 3 log reduction in Cysts (Giardia) within 30 minutes, when used in non-turbid water.
Aquatabs 8.68gm usage And Specs
Aquatabs® 1000 is a tablet which is added to 1,000 to 2,000litres of clear water to kill most harmful micro-organisms. The tablet dissolves clear within minutes and disinfects the water within 30 minutes.
Presentation Aquatabs® 1000 tablets is a 8.68gm tablet presented in a tub and lid format with a shelf life of 3 years.
Label Claim Aquatabs will lead to a 6 log reduction in bacteria, a 4 log reduction in viruses and a 3 log reduction in Cysts (Giardia) within 30 minutes, when used in non-turbid water.
Directions for use and dosage
Litres Emergency Household 1,000-2,000 8.68gm - 1,000 Litres 8.68 gm - 2,000 Litres
Disinfection of Wells and Tube wells
- Following construction of a well and installation of the pump, or if biological pollution has entered the well, it should be disinfected immediately to kill any micro-organisms present.
- To disinfect a well / tube well, the following procedure is recommended
- Dissolve 10 Aquatabs 8.68gm, in 50 litres of water in an open area.
- Pour half the solution into the well. Operate the pump until the water pumped out( or from all the opened taps in a household) distinctly smells of chlorine.
- Stop pumping and add the rest of the solution to the well.
- Wait one hour and pump again (with all taps open in a household) for several minutes.
- Stop pumping and leave the well for twelve hours.
- At the end of this time pump to waste until the residual available chlorine level reaches <2mg/l.
- Refill the system with potable water.
Disinfection of Spring Boxes or Silt Traps.
- Dissolve 10 Aquatabs 8.68gm in 50 litres of water in an open area.
- Thoroughly scrub the inside walls with the solution, especially between the water level and the highest point the water level may reach, using half the solution.
- Pour the remainder of the solution into the well/box/trap.
- In the case of a pump facility, also follow procedures 4.5.6.and 7. for the disinfection of wells and tubewells.
USA 8.5mg Aquatabs is approved by EPA
Shipping and Installation
Delivery within Kigali is available for a standard fee of RWF 1,850 per order.
Delivery outside of Kigali will be quoted on an as-need basis.
We are able to supply and install within Rwanda and East DRC in Bukavu and Goma.
Warranty, Refund and Return Policy
All sales are final. But note, that our filtration and pump products come with a standard 1 year manufacture warranty.
The warranty is void if installation is not done by our technicians and resulting installation faults cause malfunctions. The warranty does not apply to consumables such as filter cartridges, Chlorine, UV lamps and others which have a schedule of when they should be changed.
We do remain at the client’s disposal to answer any questions and concern after sale beyond the warranty period.
For more details, please download the warranty document here.